Memory integrity cannot be turned on due to ftdibus.sys

Anonymous
2022-08-31T07:14:23+00:00

Windows security recommended that I take an action this morning. It highlighted that memory integrity is off. I went to settings and tried to activate memory integrity. It did not work due to an incompatible driver. The incompatibel driver is ftdibus.sys FTDI oem363.inf. 2.12.0.0.

Based on an internet search it could be a driver related to my wacom intuos tablet (which I rarely use). But I am not even sure.

I do not know what steps to take to update this driver?

I went under device manager, but it seems that all drivers are uptodate.

My windows 11 system is uptodate. I have also done the updated based on HP support assistant.

==========

Solved. See solutions on pages 2& 3 (my own posts)

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-02T16:26:59+00:00

I sent an email to the FTDI support in the UK, pointing to this thread. I will let you know if I receive a reply.

I have received the reply from FTDI support. They were quick! They sent some instructions.

I followed them and it worked fine for my issue.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-02T23:30:10+00:00

    fifth pageImage

    Hey guys. I tried all this, went through all the steps and downloaded installed the new driver but now my memory integrity still wont turn on. Ran a scan and its saying now that the new driver is incompatible so what now? Oh, my machine is a MacBook pro and im running windows 11 via BootCamp if that helps.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-31T21:57:27+00:00

    This same problem started happening for me this morning, too. In my case, though, the listed ftdibus.sys driver file is oem130.inf.

    I was in touch with microsoft support during a couple of hours to address this. They tried different things such as scan for integrity.

    In the end, they advised to do an in place upgrade of windows 11.

    I was reluctant to do this, and indeed for a while my computer looked really broken. I had to do again a series of windows update until apps and microsoft store work again.

    Bottom line is however that the memory integrity can still not be activated.

    Again due to ftdibus.sys.

    But this time the published name has changed: oem30.inf (import date: today).

    I will go to bed now. Hopefully tomorrow is more sucessful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-31T10:59:49+00:00

    My computer is a one-year-old Asus Zenbook running Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-31T10:03:19+00:00

    Thanks.

    On step 1: HP has the HP support assistant that it checking the drivers.

    I did run it. It is suggesting to me only optional drivers.

    My laptop is a hp dragonfly G2 running windows 11. I am using a wacom intuos. Ken do you have a similar set up?

    I did not dare to do step 2 you are suggesting yet!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments