Memory integrity cannot be turned on due to ftdibus.sys

Anonymous
2022-08-31T07:14:23+00:00

Windows security recommended that I take an action this morning. It highlighted that memory integrity is off. I went to settings and tried to activate memory integrity. It did not work due to an incompatible driver. The incompatibel driver is ftdibus.sys FTDI oem363.inf. 2.12.0.0.

Based on an internet search it could be a driver related to my wacom intuos tablet (which I rarely use). But I am not even sure.

I do not know what steps to take to update this driver?

I went under device manager, but it seems that all drivers are uptodate.

My windows 11 system is uptodate. I have also done the updated based on HP support assistant.

==========

Solved. See solutions on pages 2& 3 (my own posts)

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-02T16:26:59+00:00

I sent an email to the FTDI support in the UK, pointing to this thread. I will let you know if I receive a reply.

I have received the reply from FTDI support. They were quick! They sent some instructions.

I followed them and it worked fine for my issue.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-31T11:59:55+00:00

    I really wouldn't want to delete the driver. It came from Microsoft during an update last April. The driver may be important. This error just started happening today - so something has changed (though I haven't made any major changes to my system). I was hoping that someone could provide insight into what the ftdibus driver does, which might in turn help me figure out what changed that caused this security issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-12T13:40:21+00:00

    This helped for me, too. However, I wasn't able to find the setup zip described in step 3 so I haven't followed the instructions from there. I was able to turn on Memory integrity though.

    If there were any implications not reinstalling newer versions of whatever I uninstalled in steps 1 & 2 I guess I will discover it later on. So far no problem.

    I have a Wacom Intuos tablet too, but it seems not have been affected by this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-02T05:16:00+00:00

    Maybe a few things might help. The oem designation on an .inf file is just its Windows assigned name. If you want to know who supplied it or what type of devices it controls, check the file in notepad and the .inf should be listed in the Windows\INF section of File Explorer. There are warnings about what you can share publicly, so be aware of those.

    If you want to know if a particular .inf file is for your specific device, you can use the Device Manager, Details tab and in the drop-down menu box, select inf name.

    Memory Integrity is new to me but if you look at the Windows Security - Device security, do you see a Core Integrity section? If so, are you allowed to turn Memory Integrity off? I am not suggesting you do that, but the driver you are checking appears to be a serial type driver for certain types of devices. You should be able to update it.

    The way to change or uninstall the driver is to do it from the Device Manager and select the device and then uninstall and check the box to uninstall all drivers. If you want to upgrade the driver, try that.

    Autoruns is fine but unchecking the box just moves the start-up entry, so the driver does not start. If you delete the entry in Autoruns, it will remove it from the registry. As far as I know, it does not physically remove the driver.

    Thanks.

    In my case:

    As you suggested, I used device manager to see the driver details:

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-31T16:36:44+00:00

    Simply run Autoruns and disable/delete the driver from there.

    Sysinternals Live

    I just ran sysinternals and was not able to find ftdi.

    Any ideas? This started for me also today.

    Oscar

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments