In my case, after uninstalling the offending win 10 update and rebooting, I no longer get the error, and after proceeding through the get started workflow and microphone troubleshooting steps, I've now confirmed dictation is working using the dictation toolbar via Win + H.
Speech Diagnostric Calibrate Error 0x80004003
I tried to setup a microphone for my PC. I got an error from settings -> time language -> microphone start, for Speech Diagnostic Calibrate Error.
OS: Windows 11 Pro
Error:
path: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\SpeechDiagnostic.xml,
error code: 0x80004003 E_POINTER invalid pointer,
comment: elevated ( admin privilege )
It does not recognize speech, but it can record from a microphone with "windows voice recorder."
Please tell me how to fix the microphone error.
Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-07-18T20:47:04+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-07-17T16:41:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-07-11T18:51:17+00:00 Hi - that I tried the steps above with no success. Any other options?
-
Anonymous
2022-07-11T16:20:54+00:00 basically contact Microsoft support and request for an actual staff member to help, issue get sorted out within half an hour thereabout.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-10T13:53:24+00:00 Update2: I realized that the security patch KB5014699 got also installed on 21H2. And after removing it temporarily the problem got fixed again. So it looks like currently the only way to get rid of the 80004003 error is to disable KB5014699. I hope there will be a secure solution soon.