Speech Diagnostric Calibrate Error 0x80004003

Anonymous
2022-06-16T11:02:04+00:00

I tried to setup a microphone for my PC. I got an error from settings -> time language -> microphone start, for Speech Diagnostic Calibrate Error.

OS: Windows 11 Pro

Error:

path: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\SpeechDiagnostic.xml,

error code: 0x80004003 E_POINTER invalid pointer,

comment: elevated ( admin privilege )

It does not recognize speech, but it can record from a microphone with "windows voice recorder."

Please tell me how to fix the microphone error.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-10T13:04:21+00:00

    Hi MIcrosoft team

    It is not a good solution to uninstall the update. Please roll out a fix for existing win 11 systems with future update.

    Hope team is working on the same and update with fix will be released soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-10T12:45:42+00:00

    Update:

    I realized that I have not installed the optional 21H2 update. After removing the security blockage and installing the security patch and then 21H2 Voice recognition worked for me for an older version of a program, but not for the latest test version. I can setup speech recognition in the control panel without getting any errors and fully working for Cortana and the Control Panel Speech Recognition, but going to Settings-> Time&language->Speech I am getting the error message 80004003 when I click "Get Started" under the Microphone heading. It looks like something got fixed with 21H2, but something is still left.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-10T10:53:27+00:00

    So the official sollution is just to uninstall the latest Security Update?
    This honestly feels a bit wrong

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-10T07:52:43+00:00

    Thanks, it fixed my problem on Windows 10 and speech recognition works again.

    It was the security update KB5014699

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-09T21:28:15+00:00

    Hi john3825a,

    I'm sorry that this question has caused you a lot of trouble.

    I received that other users have encountered similar problems as you, and gave a feasible solution.

    Microphone calibration through troubleshoot wizard bringing up error - Microsoft Community

    My Windows 10 pro pc doesn't recognize the headset mic - Microsoft Community

    According to my tests, this issue is related to KB5014697 on Windows 11. I recommend uninstalling this update and restarting the computer to see if that resolves the issue:

    1. Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates.
    2. Then click Uninstall Update, it will go to the "Uninstall Update" window, please find KB5014697 and click "Uninstall"
    3. Restart the computer to confirm if the microphone problem is solved

    There is no KB5014697 entry, but there is "Servicing Stack 10.0.22000.702" which is the right KB. But what is strange that when I click on the entry, there is no Uninstall option. There is an Uninstall option for KB5013889 (installed just after KB5014697). Same "missing uninstall option" issue for "Servicing Stack 10.0.22000.761" The mic does work, but not the SpeechDiagnosticCalibrate... [LG Gram 16", i7-1165G7, 16GB, Win11 21H2, build 22000.778]

    Also, following the other thread link at the top of this thread, I saw the instructions how to use Windows Terminal. I get the same issue with the system not recognizing the KB5014697 update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments