Speech Diagnostric Calibrate Error 0x80004003

Anonymous
2022-06-16T11:02:04+00:00

I tried to setup a microphone for my PC. I got an error from settings -> time language -> microphone start, for Speech Diagnostic Calibrate Error.

OS: Windows 11 Pro

Error:

path: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\SpeechDiagnostic.xml,

error code: 0x80004003 E_POINTER invalid pointer,

comment: elevated ( admin privilege )

It does not recognize speech, but it can record from a microphone with "windows voice recorder."

Please tell me how to fix the microphone error.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-22T10:06:35+00:00

    Same probleme here. Could someone help, please?

    (I need microphone for my work and I cant use it, doesn't work.)

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-17T22:15:10+00:00

    I tried to setup a microphone for my PC. I got an error from settings -> time language -> microphone start, for Speech Diagnostric Calibrate Error with path: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\SpeechDiagnostic.xml, error code: 0x80004003 E_POINTER invalid pointer, comment: admin privillege. It does not recognize speech but can record from a microphone with "windows voice recorder."

    Please tell me hot to fix the microphone error.

    Thanks.

    I have the same problem if anyone can help...

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-30T12:57:18+00:00

    I cannot find this KB5014699
    I only have KB5014668 and KB5013889

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-23T12:46:39+00:00

    Hi john3825a,

    I'm sorry that this question has caused you a lot of trouble.

    I received that other users have encountered similar problems as you, and gave a feasible solution.

    Microphone calibration through troubleshoot wizard bringing up error - Microsoft Community

    My Windows 10 pro pc doesn't recognize the headset mic - Microsoft Community

    According to my tests, this issue is related to KB5014697 on Windows 11. I recommend uninstalling this update and restarting the computer to see if that resolves the issue:

    1. Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates.
    2. Then click Uninstall Update, it will go to the "Uninstall Update" window, please find KB5014697 and click "Uninstall"
    3. Restart the computer to confirm if the microphone problem is solved

    In Windows 10, the update that could cause problems is KB5014699.It is recommended to uninstall this update and restart the computer to see if the problem can be solved:

    1. Select Start > Settings> Update & Security> Windows Update> View update history >Uninstall updates.
    2. Then click Uninstall Update, it will go to the "Uninstall Update" window, please find KB5014699 and click "Uninstall"
    3. Restart the computer to confirm if the microphone problem is solved

    This issue may be a hot issue and we have submitted feedback.

    In order to use the microphone recognition function normally before fixing this problem, I suggest you click here, download the "Hide Windows Update" tool, and use the tool to hide KB5014697(Windows 11) and KB5014699(Windows 10), so that you will not receive this update again.

    P.S.This Hide Windows Update tool will only hide the update you selected, and will not affect other normal updates and subsequent updates, please feel free to use it.

    If a security question is displayed after you click Download, please click... Select Keep File to download successfully.

    *Update on June 24*

    If you are unable to download or run the "Hidden Windows Update" tool, you can temporarily turn off the Windows Update service to prevent you from receiving any more problematic updates.

    To disable the Windows Update service in Services Manager, please follow the steps below:

    1. Press Windows key + R. Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    2. Search for Windows Update.
    3. Right-click on Windows Update, then select Properties.
    4. Under General tab, set the Startup type to Disabled.
    5. Click Stop.
    6. Click Apply, and then click OK.
    7. Restart your computer.

    If an Update is sent to fix this problem, you can set Startup type to enable in Step 4 to enable the Windows Update service to receive new updates.

    Please let us know if this works.

    Sincerely,

    Manson | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-18T21:15:10+00:00

    Same here

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments