Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App

Anonymous
2022-07-22T01:42:51+00:00

Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.

Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-27T22:55:27+00:00

    I've wracked my brains for decades trying to figure out what drives their (Microsoft's) UI decisions. I've come to 2 probabilities:

    1. Enterprise MBA customer or above. Anybody else is irrelevant.
    2. Design by committee who are run by MBAs or above.

    Occasionally they slip up and let design decisions go through by people who actually use the product and are people who make things.

    It's incredibly frustrating. I am so glad for the Hourglass suggestion. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-19T07:05:05+00:00

    Bravo for your comment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-03T21:19:31+00:00

    Thing I like about Hourglass is that you dont have to enter "10 minutes", just 10m or 10s for seconds.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-12T17:30:35+00:00

    I strongly suggest everyone who find Focus Sessions less useful than a fancy car with 4 flat tires to submit feedback on how/why it is slowing work. Two Reasons: 1. The developers need to know. 2. They asked us for it:

    What happens next with my feedback?

    1. The engineering team that owns the feature will review your feedback, and determine if they can use it to plan future work.
    2. Keep sending us feedback because we love hearing from you!
    3. Sign in and track your future feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-22T02:22:18+00:00

    Hi Ck. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

    I've not yet heard of Focus Session bothering anyone. But I do notice that for some reason I'm not signed into the Clock app even though I'm signed into Windows with my MS Account.

    Perhaps if you sign out of that one app at the top of the settings it will back off. There shouldn't be any reason to sign into the Clock except to enable it to access your data for the Focus sessions which you do not want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments