Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App

Anonymous
2022-07-22T01:42:51+00:00

Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.

Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T13:39:58+00:00

    I had it staying on timer even after 10 reboots and just closed it now and re-opened it and it was on focus sessions. So not fully fixed yet. Sorry ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-13T04:20:23+00:00

    What dream world do you live in where the engineering team decides what does and does not get implemented?

    Because if you'd read all the comments and researched the issue--or if you'd ever witnessed the avalanche of negative feedback that accompanies every Facebook News Feed redesign--it seems to me that you *might* come to the conclusion that "features" like this are masterminded by the sales and marketing team--and THEY will be the ones who decide whether it lives or dies.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-03T20:42:27+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion, I've recently started learning Python and this was a small project I thought could offer some good practice, but in the meantime Hourglass is exactly what you would want a simple timer to be. I like how you can mix numbers and words like "10 minutes" or "10:00" when entering the time - not particularly useful in practice, but shows that the creator put some love into it. Or that they too were learning to code lmao.

    Note: Just words doesn't work, like "ten minutes".

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T21:33:25+00:00

    Well, as of now, July 29 at 4:30 pm Central time, the timer seems to be working without bringing up the Focus Assist screen. So thanks to all who "chimed in" with feedback and thanks to whomever at Microsoft that (I hope) got this change made!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T21:32:55+00:00

    Well, as of now, July 29 at 4:30 pm Central time, the timer seems to be working without bringing up the Focus Assist screen. So thanks to all who "chimed in" with feedback and thanks to whomever at Microsoft that (I hope) got this change made!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments