same here, and it's annoying. Normaly use the timer section and now I have to do 2 additional clicks every time. Just unnecessary that the app doesn't save where I last was.
Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App
Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.
Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-07-23T07:07:33+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-07-25T15:06:25+00:00 Just want to retirate that the app needs to save which tab was open last. I only use it for countdown timers, and will never use the focus time feature. It went from a super handy app to an annoyance. Please revert this change. And perhaps add some actual options? Like which tab to start on and such. Some of the MS apps are quite handy, but offer hardly any customization.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-22T21:22:42+00:00 I am not signed in to the app, and it just recently started popping up the focus assist when I go to clocks and timers. All I want is to set the timer. It worked fine until a week or two ago and apparently there was some update and it stopped chiming. Then it went to this focus assist business. I think there should be an opt out of any new thing like this, but I am not finding that the case here. Hope you can help.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-28T11:40:09+00:00 No logic in the design of the app. Why cant it remember the last function used (timer, alarm, etc). Instead the useless focus session is the main page, which I've never used and never will.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-23T15:07:55+00:00 I have pinned the timer to my task bar at the bottom, and as long as I don't do a restart, clicking on it pulls up the timer straightaway. It still needs to have an opt out available for the focus assist imho.