Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App

Anonymous
2022-07-22T01:42:51+00:00

Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.

Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T01:12:25+00:00

    My timer is always pinned to taskbar - it hasn't stopped focus session from popping up when I want to set a timer. Time to search for a new app. Needs to be a way to turn it off!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-26T04:04:16+00:00

    I have the same problem, it gets very frustrating that half the time I open up the app it goes to focus assist. I just want to use the timer, I don't need the focus assist. Is there a way for me to revert to the previous version when there was no focus assist?

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-31T19:07:23+00:00

    Well here's another person that's bothered by Focus Session :).

    The default starting screen of the Clock app should not be Focus Session. It also should not be on the top of the sidebar. There's no reason for it to be at the top other than Microsoft trying to push a new feature on users. I know you're just an independent advisor but you definitely have more influence on Microsoft than us. Please convey that this is unacceptable.

    I'm probably going to just disable the Clock app completely at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T19:23:13+00:00

    Well I'm relieved to have resorted to 3rd party solutions. Using a free timer called Hourglass. The thoughtfulness of its design puts Microsoft to shame.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T19:13:22+00:00

    Hi Greg,

    The thing for me is that I use the stopwatch very often. And every time I open the clock app, I just don't want to see that "focus session" first. It is okay but there should be a default option or something.

    Thanks

    Mehmet

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments