A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO
- Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
- Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.
That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.
Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0
Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
Yes it did that to me as well but before it was running fine. So I did not think the computer was the problem. Seemed logical to me and easiest to uninstall the latest updates which i did. After that it started right up no issues. Then it asked me to update. I was smarter this time and postponed the update for 30 days. No a single problem so far.
Come to the conclusion it was my processor, I had to completely replace it. (I’m running the i9 24 core) This update wasn’t allowing me to use my computer. I replaced every single part and the processor was the last I thought it would be!
not just him I tried it 3 times before I got a flat spot on my forehead!
MS I too postponed it for a month and when Feb 15th comes will postpone again.
MS has to know this is an issue, they have the smart folks to fix it. So whats the problem?
My brother's Asus Expertbook B1400 Laptop got this update... the update was installed and asked for a reboot and the laptop showed BSOD and couldn't start. Restoring the windows to the previous version solved the problem. I told him to pause the update for now.