2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022303) Install error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2023-01-11T03:57:58+00:00

It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.

That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.

Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0

Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-01-11T04:31:57+00:00

A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.

  • Download the Windows 11 ISO
  • Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
  • Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-21T15:51:24+00:00

    What do you mean by " mount it to a drive letter", I don't understand.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-01-21T02:41:32+00:00

    What didn't work? If the setup didn't go through, what was the error message?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T22:31:45+00:00

    Why download it? It doesn't work anyway unless you do some wizardry. I myself am not a wizard. As I stated before my computer runs fine without it. I postponed it for 30 days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T20:17:11+00:00

    did not work. Now the update will not download.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments