A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO
- Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
- Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.
That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.
Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0
Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
Seems that this is a big issue as I have the same problem and nothing is really working to fix it.
Same problem how to update it.
At this point I don't care to lose all my data and documents; I still need to find the fix. Computer isn't fully functional until this update goes through.
Hi,
A repair installation should take care of such issues automatically. But if you want to fix this surgically, try this:
Open a Command Prompt and type:
- ver
Pls post the output here.
Run:
- reg export "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing" "%temp%\cbsregistry.txt"
Pls upload "%temp%\cbsregistry.txt" to your OneDrive/Dropbox.
will this lead to be any data loss from the system?