cumulative updates fail to install. Both KB5018410 and KB5016616 failed on installation.

Anonymous
2022-10-14T22:36:07+00:00

My computer is a DELL Optiplex 3020. Both recent cumulative updates (KB5018410 and KB5016616) have failed on installation. The code is 0x800f0845. I have tried all the suggested things to try to get the update to go through up to an in-place update. All other updates go through with no problem. Just the cumulative updates. I have version 21H2 build 19044.1826.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T17:23:39+00:00

    I give up, next PC will have another OS

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-28T08:34:57+00:00

    I'sorry to say till now, all efforts are useless . However I am not a software or IT specialist. Micosoft should develop a fixing tool.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-25T19:24:36+00:00

    Multiple stock Intel NUCs (NUC7i3BNB) are crashing after installing KB5018545 on Windows 10 21H2 (and also same after upgrading to 22H2).

    Black screen after first reboot. Error 0x800f0845 after rollback.

    Does anyone actually test these updates at all? This is ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-24T16:15:25+00:00

    Has microsoft even acknowledged there's a problem? Are we just a bunch of end users complaining to each other while they do nothing or is there light at the end of the tunnel, or even someone working on the problem? I certainly have enough machines that I can provide logs and do testing if there's an effort to do so?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-18T17:07:55+00:00

    In place upgrade reapir dis not worked, computer hangs and eventually reverts back and having to shut it down twice

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments