I can't even comment a single word without going under review or them removing my right to post a comment. Wonder what the legality of that is?
In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?
I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.
Windows for home | Other | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
61 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-06-19T07:21:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-08-16T23:46:37+00:00 I am sick of having posts that, while critical, have nothing offensive in them barred by the Community Guidelines. They are broken.
-
Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-04-01T21:53:02+00:00 Sorry but you aren't communicating with MSN here. No one here can tell you why a post
was rejected.
Here's the relevant part of my canned response on moderation. I won't subject you to the
entire post.
[snip]
4. Moderation is a dysfunctional mess. It's being done via AI, via a bot, not humans and is
random and inexplicable.
[snip]
6. I've searched but have not found a way to contact MSN staff regarding this moderation
except the Feedback link that's at the bottom of nearly every MSN webpage. If you receive
a reply to the feedback, it will be a generic reply that doesn't address your specific issue.
Don
-
Anonymous
2022-10-05T13:24:34+00:00 Yes, they are because, I see some posts submitted by MAGA Heads that are factual incorrect, disrespectful, hateful, and disingenuous but these statements pass the smell test. I post "You should look in the mirror because the GOP stands for nothing." It get flagged.
-
Anonymous
2022-08-11T01:50:32+00:00 I wonder about freedom of speech. Are we screened based on political views? Sorry, but this is a good question and deserves a good answer. linda.🌹