Same thing happened to me! Just signed up and got immediately blocked from commenting on a news article? I didn't even do anything....Like what the hell, Microsoft.
In Microsoft Start, how can I be banned for violating guidelines if I've never commented?
I logged in for the first time ever to comment on an article in Microsoft Start. I got a message that I had violated community guidelines. If I've never once tried to comment on anything Microsoft, how can this be? There was no explanation of where this came from.
Windows for home | Other | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
61 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-01-23T02:43:20+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-01-09T18:33:41+00:00 I have the same issue. Went to comment on my very first article and it says I'm banned. I clicked the button to have them review and just received a message that it was upheld. Does not make any sense whatsoever. Is there another way to appeal or get an explanation? I miss my Apple computer.
-
Anonymous
2022-02-10T21:48:23+00:00 Y'all are lucky to even get a response. My first time logging in, just now.... it told me my "Username" doesn't meet the requirements.... what are the requirements? I used my full Name....
I am sure that we landed a man on the Moon in the late 1960's with less technology than a software login routine...
But Oh well... that probably just got me banned.... so now I need to be schooled to be someone's pet....
and yes, I sent the feedback response.... and other people have had the same issue and it's been 2 months since the first help request here and it's still not working.
Fasten your seatbelts folks. Your in for a long, long ride....
-
Anonymous
2022-01-12T11:00:47+00:00 Same issue. First time trying to post a comment and you guess it banned for guidelines. HOW?
-
Anonymous
2022-02-11T21:32:23+00:00 I just installed the start app on my s21 ultra. When logging into community section it stated I was banned due to violating policies.
In the nearly 20 years I have had my ms account I cannot remember a single time I even posted anything ever using this account.
I don't really participate in most social media communities. I just read but very rarely do I ever respond to anything posted on social media.
Microsoft please help or remove thie ban.