This same thing happened to me after a windows update. I have since changed to a brand new laptop and as soon as I signed into my microsoft account it changed to chinese on the new machine as well! This appears to be a well documented and reported issue. I now have zero confidence in the competance of the windows developers who seem to be sending out updates with little idea of the problems they cause and even less idea of how to correct them. Unfortunately we as users are tied to their updates. Can't think how any other company would get away with it. Yes I am annoyed and frustrated by this, as who knows what the next update will screw up.
Windows Taskbar "News and interests" is suddenly displaying chinese news and weather and I don't know how to fix it.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-09-16T17:16:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-08-30T14:38:13+00:00 Couldn't able to find language and content drop-down in MSN website as well.
I believe everywhere the language and content option is not displayed.
Note: All of other windows users able to see the language settings in the taskbar weather who could see news and weather in English
My windows language and weather languages are set to English only.
-
Anonymous
2021-08-13T11:58:58+00:00 same problem, USA
-
Anonymous
2021-08-08T04:55:56+00:00 Same problem in India as well. I have no interest in Chinese news. Don't know how to read Chinese. Seems some overzealous chinese employee is being too faithful to Chinese government agenda instead of being faithful to Microsoft customers. Microsoft fix this quickly please. I am affectively not going to use Windows until I am sure Chinese is not spying on me in whatever shape or form. Switching to Linux on my dual boot laptop now.