Windows Taskbar "News and interests" is suddenly displaying chinese news and weather and I don't know how to fix it.

Anonymous
2021-06-03T21:12:08+00:00

The button to change languages is also missing.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T18:30:10+00:00

    This worked for me too, just note had to push a few times before it corrected

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-17T16:55:38+00:00

    I have the same problem, changing region and language at link above didn't help. News and interests are still in Chinese. I don't use a VPN, I haven't switched to Chinese anytime in the past (I don't read Chinese nor I am interested in Chinese news). So no idea why it happens. Cannot fix it and it makes News and Interests unusable to me.

    i am having the same problem , so if anyone knows what to do please let me know

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T17:19:43+00:00

    I have the same issue. Initially it was working well but then it has started showing Chinese weather. I wish i knew Mandarin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T15:34:46+00:00

    same problem is faced by me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T16:04:24+00:00

    Same problem here. On MSN.com it is correctly displaying my local weather. Using Edge, I've changed my language to UK English and back to US English, then rebooted. Still displaying Chinese.

    I am not on a VPN.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments