30 day security wait is not good customer service
“Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!
I restarted my computer and when i went to put in my pin i got the message “your credentials could not be verified”. I tried to click “I forgot my pin” but when it did I got “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (status: Oxc000006d, substatus:
Oxc0070070). Click to set up your PIN again.” and when I did that I get the message “The user profile service service failed the sign in. user profile cannot be loaded”. So I looked around and safe mode just wouldn’t work then i decided to reset my pc and keep all files. now when I hold shift and click the power button i only have the option to turn off my PC. I’m really frustrated and would just like to use my computer.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-10-26T09:50:42+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-10-26T09:41:08+00:00 old email not active so cannot get code
hold shift and shutdown method got me to be able to reset os.
i was then back to login and still unable to use pin.
using shift power method was was able to restore but not sure if this worked as credentials still could not be verified .
thanx anyway was worth a try
perhaps class action would be in order as this problem must be costing a lot of people a lot of money
-
Anonymous
2024-05-31T06:45:38+00:00 Hi. My computer is doing the exact same thing. What to do?
-
Anonymous
2024-05-18T06:32:58+00:00 Hello sir, I don't know what to do, because I put my password correct on the pin, but when I entered it, it said
"Your credentials could not be verified",
I tried resetting my (windows10) PC, but I still got the same problem. How to fix it please.
-
Anonymous
2024-05-14T20:06:47+00:00 Tried the hard shut off method cause nothing else worked. After I did the first hard shut off my laptop will not turn back on. Have any idea what happened?