“Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!

Anonymous
2023-03-05T06:21:58+00:00

I restarted my computer and when i went to put in my pin i got the message “your credentials could not be verified”. I tried to click “I forgot my pin” but when it did I got “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (status: Oxc000006d, substatus:

Oxc0070070). Click to set up your PIN again.” and when I did that I get the message “The user profile service service failed the sign in. user profile cannot be loaded”. So I looked around and safe mode just wouldn’t work then i decided to reset my pc and keep all files. now when I hold shift and click the power button i only have the option to turn off my PC. I’m really frustrated and would just like to use my computer.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-28T17:59:15+00:00

    Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

    I understand the issue you have, there is nothing to worry I am here to help, this error actually occurs when there is a corrupted system file on the PC, and for us to sort out the issue, kindly follow the steps below:

    Step 1. We need to login to safe mode

    On the login page of the PC:

    Press and hold the Shift key on the Keyboard, then click the Power icon on the screen then click restart

    Note: Make sure you press and hold the Shift key while doing the process to enter Windows Recovery.

    Once you are in Windows Recovery:

    Click Troubleshoot > Click Advanced Options > Click Startup Settings > Click Restart and follow the prompt to Enable Safe mode with Network.

    Once you have successfully login to Safemode, restart the PC normally and try to login again.

    Let me know how it goes and I hope that helps.

    Bernard

    This worked for me but getting to the safe mode was not easy. I had to trigger a recovery screen by holding down the power button multiple times. Eventually shift+restart put me into the safe mode options.

    Considering how old this bug is, it's disgusting that it is still happening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-23T13:18:06+00:00

    Thank you for the update advice.

    I have the same problem that one of my laptops does not verify my PIN. My question is that on my other laptop it recognises my PIN which is the same Microsoft operating system. Can anyone tell me why this is?

    I have changed my password on the computer I have access to my system, can you tell me why this not transferring to the laptop that is not recognising my new password or PIN?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T08:40:06+00:00

    Hi, I still can’t login after doing this. Please can someone help

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T00:02:32+00:00

    I tried every step correctly and it still gives me the message “your credentials could not be verified.” What should I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T06:23:57+00:00

    An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your admin sign in first please what should I do up to this point

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments