would installing the windows again change anything or recovery? also this should detect that something is wrong I'm not sure also for device specifications my laptop is pretty new too
No Windows 11 Copilot After Installing 23H2 Update - I live in the United States
As the title says, I have updated my Windows 11 installation to the latest 23H2 update and I still do not have Copilot available. It is not on my Taskbar and there is no Copilot switch available under Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar. All I have are options for Search, Task View and Widgets. I live in Ohio in the United States, so it should be available to me.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-05-09T11:44:07+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-05-09T09:50:40+00:00 @Meera Al Masri Don't worry that enabling a windows feature already sitting there to be used could break everything so hard, we are long past win95 and in worst case you can always reset to the restore point before.
But now we got two people with the same result.
I wonder if anyone here ever successfully applied ViveTool to activate their Copilot locally.
I slowly get the feeling it would show up by itself if it was able to (compatible) and won't otherwise.
Enabling it might just wake it up to detect again it can't run for what ever reason.If this matters, I doubt I fail on any hardware requirements as I got a quite up to date moderately beefy system
-
Anonymous
2024-05-08T21:45:59+00:00 Copilot does work with multiple displays. It's still a preview, so there may be systems it's not compatible with yet.
-
Anonymous
2024-05-08T21:43:49+00:00 That's ok. If you have issues after enabling it, you can run the command to disable it.