That would obviously be a temporary fix. I do not want to use PDF as my default. I want my printer to be. This is a problem that should have been solved by now. Where did this error message come from and when did it start? I don't know, but it's annoying and it seems to only pop up when I want to use My HTML Editor (WYSIWYG) and Adobe.
Waiting for printer connection
“Waiting for printer connection” pop up started coming up a couple of weeks ago and has been causing multiple issues.
Excel and Word randomly do not open, and then when I open the program again it tells me the file is already in use yet nothing is open. Task manager shows nothing open or running. I have to restart my computer each time to use the document or workbook and I sometimes I need to do this more than once before it will decide to randomly work.
I cannot print new documents or workbooks, it becomes unresponsive and then the program has to close. I can only print from saved documents, which o can’t always open!
MYOB cannot print now, I have to save as a pdf and then print. I know MYOB isn’t “Microsoft” but this only started when this pop up started. I have never experienced this issue before.
This is happening on all four computers and started at the exact same time.
I have tried turning off all network sharing connections and still no change.
This is really impacting my day to day operations ans these programs are all I use. It causing a significant loss of time.
Can someone please help?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-07-16T15:55:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-07-16T14:09:22+00:00 Yep, exactly my experience - solved it by:
- "Let Windows manage my default printer" OFF
- "Default printer" MICROSOFT PRINT TO PDF
Only Applying
"Let Windows manage my default printer" OFF
got the issue resolved
--thanks -
Anonymous
2024-07-08T12:28:06+00:00 I'll give this a try. It's very odd though because I've not seen the issue in 20 years on any computer.
-
Anonymous
2024-07-07T18:53:15+00:00 It is because Bluetooth is turned on.
Most people do not use Bluetooth on a desktop.
Search for Bluetooth and other devices. Click on the result.
You should see Bluetooth turned on (slider switch).
Turn it off and your problem will go away.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more