Not everything is a catastrophe.
Windows acting like malware and the OS randomly deciding to lock people out of their computers absolutely is a catastrophe. Don't you understand that this software is costing people time and money in the strangest ways for no reason?
Seriously you must not value your time, I used to make $25 an hour when I did I.T., you should be sending an invoice to microsoft for helping people fix their broken operating system but alas, people just really like working for free I guess.
I shouldn't even be in this thread today, does nobody understand that anymore? Why do I have have to launch a random hidden away program to properly configure my computer to not try tricking users into soft locking the OS? Why couldn't it be a big button in the user accounts menu inside settings? Why couldn't it be off by default?
edit: Oh man now I regret giving you good feedback, thanks for not mentioning this doesn't work on windows home edition. So microsoft wants me to pay $100 to own the OS that I already bought with the computer?
Is there seriously no way to prevent windows home edition from randomly forcing users to change passwords?