Why is my windows saying my password is expired?

Anonymous
2024-02-26T14:28:35+00:00

Hello, I've been having an issue the past few hours and I cannot figure out how to fix it, Windows keeps asking me for a password and saying my old one is expired. I have been looking for answers on the internet and they all say that the password that windows is asking for is my Microsoft account password but it keeps saying that it's wrong even though I have reset it and used a different one since I'm still logged in on my phone. I made sure to put the right password in when logged in on my phone and that worked but when I boot up my pc and put that same password in it says it's wrong, please if anybody could help me I'm extremely confused.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T00:41:58+00:00

    Dozens of people I know are all having this issue. ... Why is this? Why is Windows having more problems than it did in 1998? Who is even working here causing all of these issues? It's like Microsoft has zero employees that have any clue what they are doing.

    Not everything is a catastrophe.

    Launch Local Users and Groups - lusrmgr.msc - as an Administrator and make the change. This works for me on my Windows 10 computer and also on my Windows 11 computer.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T01:37:24+00:00

    this is, honestly, the least helpful response ever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-28T12:25:19+00:00

    This is honestly the most asinine thing i can think of as a default setting. I use a windows11 VM for one application that I can't run natively on linux. It took me ages to set up the software in a single-user offline VM. In other words, there is absolutely no reason for the password to be changed. So now in a pinch, I need to access that software and behold: I can no longer log into the operating system, do not remember the password I set (how long ago?!?! these support pages should be transparent about that sort of detail), and have to effectively build a new VM over again in order to "uncheck the box" for the next time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T03:27:16+00:00

    Having the same issue so what do i do i reset it online nothing i tried on the pc it locked me out so now what the hell do i do? Because now im getting mad i cant use my pc when last night i was using it

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T15:10:39+00:00

    Thanks for the quick response however none of the suggested solutions seemed to help. I believe that the windows account on my pc is different from my actual account on this site since my windows recently had been corrupted and I took it to a repair shop near my home and before that it has never asked me for a password and I've had this pc for about a year or two, though the repair guys never informed of this password. Anyway thanks again for the response

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments