Microsoft Start - I can no longer type the letter 'M'

Anonymous
2024-02-28T00:39:14+00:00

Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad

Just recently, when making comments in Microsoft Start, I can no longer type the letter 'M'. The letter works in email and everywhere else.

The only solution I have found, has to do with Nvidia Graphic card. I don't have that.

Any ideas what changed in the last week or so?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-05T22:38:22+00:00

This is a pretty normal thing on Microsoft Start and is the site, not people's computers or keyboards. You will notice that while it blocks the lower case m you can always add a capital M. It's the software preventing the lower case m. I have taken to just opening a new tab or notepad and typing what I want. Then copy and paste it. It will let you paste a lower case m, just not type one. This is something Microsoft will have to deal with, not something end users can fix. Just work around.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T14:47:23+00:00

    If there are two possibilities, the first is its a bug, and the second is its a feature, and the "issue" is fundamentality the simplest thing in tech (a keystroke), then likely its the later. Its naive to think otherwise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T14:44:52+00:00

    I suspect its intentional. I think they implemented a way to slow down or discourage people who comment a lot. I am sure its implemented with the bias that is normal for MSN.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T20:15:18+00:00

    why is this an issue? do they block the letter m on purpose? it is pretty annoying and i dont' understand why it can't be an easy fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T21:16:02+00:00

    People are so naive. I bet the same people believe in magical powers of paper masks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments