Microsoft Start - I can no longer type the letter 'M'

Anonymous
2024-02-28T00:39:14+00:00

Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad

Just recently, when making comments in Microsoft Start, I can no longer type the letter 'M'. The letter works in email and everywhere else.

The only solution I have found, has to do with Nvidia Graphic card. I don't have that.

Any ideas what changed in the last week or so?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-05T22:38:22+00:00

This is a pretty normal thing on Microsoft Start and is the site, not people's computers or keyboards. You will notice that while it blocks the lower case m you can always add a capital M. It's the software preventing the lower case m. I have taken to just opening a new tab or notepad and typing what I want. Then copy and paste it. It will let you paste a lower case m, just not type one. This is something Microsoft will have to deal with, not something end users can fix. Just work around.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T21:04:04+00:00

    "It’s a woke programmer issue. It’s intentional that’s why a simple problem isn’t solved."

    That's ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T17:14:42+00:00

    It’s a woke programmer issue. It’s intentional that’s why a simple problem isn’t solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T12:30:13+00:00

    it is not a video card issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-21T16:53:37+00:00

    It doesn't fix the problem though. And it is also now writing in white not black, so you have to guess what you have written until you press return. Maybe Microsoft should fix the problem rather than ignoring it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments