Microsoft Start - I can no longer type the letter 'M'

Anonymous
2024-02-28T00:39:14+00:00

Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad

Just recently, when making comments in Microsoft Start, I can no longer type the letter 'M'. The letter works in email and everywhere else.

The only solution I have found, has to do with Nvidia Graphic card. I don't have that.

Any ideas what changed in the last week or so?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-05T22:38:22+00:00

This is a pretty normal thing on Microsoft Start and is the site, not people's computers or keyboards. You will notice that while it blocks the lower case m you can always add a capital M. It's the software preventing the lower case m. I have taken to just opening a new tab or notepad and typing what I want. Then copy and paste it. It will let you paste a lower case m, just not type one. This is something Microsoft will have to deal with, not something end users can fix. Just work around.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T19:09:15+00:00

    That's ridiculous. How are we ever going to get a solution to this technical issue if people are going to post nonsense?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T18:23:38+00:00

    Yup, it seems to be their newest way of filtering ideas the woke programmers don't agree with. It's happening to everyone who used to have the scarlet letter M it seems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T16:45:47+00:00

    As of yesterday, i can no longer see what I am typing on the comment fields of where the page goes to black when I click on it. The Capital M thing has been going on for months, this new thing just started yesterday.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T17:07:35+00:00

    It's done on purpose by Microsoft to prevent Conservatives from responding to Microsoft news stores so the algorithm can censor their posts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments