Microsoft Start - I can no longer type the letter 'M'

Anonymous
2024-02-28T00:39:14+00:00

Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad

Just recently, when making comments in Microsoft Start, I can no longer type the letter 'M'. The letter works in email and everywhere else.

The only solution I have found, has to do with Nvidia Graphic card. I don't have that.

Any ideas what changed in the last week or so?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-05T22:38:22+00:00

This is a pretty normal thing on Microsoft Start and is the site, not people's computers or keyboards. You will notice that while it blocks the lower case m you can always add a capital M. It's the software preventing the lower case m. I have taken to just opening a new tab or notepad and typing what I want. Then copy and paste it. It will let you paste a lower case m, just not type one. This is something Microsoft will have to deal with, not something end users can fix. Just work around.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-04T15:20:58+00:00

    Yup, I can confirm on 2 Windows 11 Pro systems, latest updates, etc that the letter m will not work in any comments in Microsoft Start. Any story you want to comment on, wont allow typing of the letter m. Seriously. What kind of coding would prevent a letter m????? m works here, and in every other site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T02:19:06+00:00

    It's not just them and not just in Microsoft Start. I have this issue too on numerous sites (suprisingly works on this one). I've seen many commenters in different platforms having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-27T19:00:51+00:00

    Today I made two comments and the "m" worked fine. Its working fine here, it works fine everywhere else, but MSN comments. After my two comments on MSN, the "m" stopped working on MSN comments. It will suggest a correction with the lower case "m".

    That is NOT a bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T16:09:07+00:00

    for the display on typing, if I do a cut and paste, it will not show until I hit the post button. If I invert the colors instead of the default it will show (black background, white text. I agree it is a bug.

    As far as the lowercase "m" not working from the keyboard, that does not have a problem with the articles that keep the black text on white background. The articles switch to the white text with a black background when the comment section is clicked, those do not allow lowercase "m" be typed in. It can be cut and pasted, or grammatically corrected. So it is also bug.

    Now I need a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments