Microsoft Start - I can no longer type the letter 'M'

Anonymous
2024-02-28T00:39:14+00:00

Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad

Just recently, when making comments in Microsoft Start, I can no longer type the letter 'M'. The letter works in email and everywhere else.

The only solution I have found, has to do with Nvidia Graphic card. I don't have that.

Any ideas what changed in the last week or so?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-05T22:38:22+00:00

This is a pretty normal thing on Microsoft Start and is the site, not people's computers or keyboards. You will notice that while it blocks the lower case m you can always add a capital M. It's the software preventing the lower case m. I have taken to just opening a new tab or notepad and typing what I want. Then copy and paste it. It will let you paste a lower case m, just not type one. This is something Microsoft will have to deal with, not something end users can fix. Just work around.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T19:28:59+00:00

    Having this issue too. I'm able to use the "m" key everywhere but the comment field for articles on MSN and only for certain articles. Each time the site blocks my input the browser shows the following console error:

    POST https://browser.events.data.msn.com/OneCollector/1.0?cors=true&content-type=application/x-json-stream&client-id=NO_AUTH&client-version=1DS-Web-JS-3.2.8&apikey=[redacted]&upload-time=1709666586435&w=0&anoncknm=app_anon&NoResponseBody=true net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT gt @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 B @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 (anonymous) @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 p @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 (anonymous) @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 p @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 Ot @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 (anonymous) @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 p @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 Ct @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 t.sendSynchronousBatch @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 U @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 t.processTelemetry @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 i @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 (anonymous) @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 p @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 x @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 C @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 u. @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 (anonymous) @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 (anonymous) @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 Y @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 r @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 processTelemetry @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 i @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 (anonymous) @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 p @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 x @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 C @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 u. @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 f. @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 t. @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 i @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 (anonymous) @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 p @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 x @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 C @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 u. @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 f. @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 t.processTelemetry @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 i @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 (anonymous) @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 p @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 x @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 C @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 u. @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 t.track @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 (anonymous) @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 t.track @ microsoft.74239a4cedbb4bf3220a.js:2 transport @ common.539b9a344533dcebede0.js:7 (anonymous) @ common.539b9a344533dcebede0.js:7 sendContentViewEvent @ common.539b9a344533dcebede0.js:7 (anonymous) @ common.539b9a344533dcebede0.js:7 queueEvent @ common.539b9a344533dcebede0.js:7 sendContentViewEvent @ common.539b9a344533dcebede0.js:7 sendContentViewEvent @ common.539b9a344533dcebede0.js:7 sendOutOfFocusContentView @ common.539b9a344533dcebede0.js:7 b @ common.539b9a344533dcebede0.js:7 onBlur @ watch-wc.2797121b8c4d256c7340.js:1

    Looks like a MSN keylogger script is blocking input.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-04T18:24:04+00:00

    One event is a blip, two events are still nothing to worry about, but with three events, should ms start to look at their own software for the problem? I clean my cache every night and I cold boot as well, but the problem persists. A capital M works just fine. I am not aware of any software changes that have been made to my computer in the past two weeks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-09T19:23:03+00:00

    It's only on the BLACK BACKGROUND comment boards. For some reason, the "BLACKGROUND" blocks the lower case "m."

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-10T15:53:13+00:00

    My guess it's a scarlet letter to highlight people whose ideas differ from the programmers that work on the chat platform. Or it's intentionally done by Microsoft. I wouldn't really know but it doesn't seem accidental.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments