Microsoft Start - I can no longer type the letter 'M'

Anonymous
2024-02-28T00:39:14+00:00

Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad

Just recently, when making comments in Microsoft Start, I can no longer type the letter 'M'. The letter works in email and everywhere else.

The only solution I have found, has to do with Nvidia Graphic card. I don't have that.

Any ideas what changed in the last week or so?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-03-05T22:38:22+00:00

This is a pretty normal thing on Microsoft Start and is the site, not people's computers or keyboards. You will notice that while it blocks the lower case m you can always add a capital M. It's the software preventing the lower case m. I have taken to just opening a new tab or notepad and typing what I want. Then copy and paste it. It will let you paste a lower case m, just not type one. This is something Microsoft will have to deal with, not something end users can fix. Just work around.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-30T15:17:24+00:00

    i have not noticed that as so far. i use black backgrounds exclusively, and only once every so often has the 'm' issue arisen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T22:18:53+00:00

    I read, from the many responses, that this problem, "not being allowed to type lower-case letter "m" in Microsoft Edge (as when typing in MS Start comments on articles), that the black background was tied to this problem. Well, that is not it!

    I changed my theme or background from black to another color, reset browser and laptop, and still cannot type "m" in MS Edge, while commenting in MS Start articles.

    Weird stuff that Bill's team gets paid to blow up, huh?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-24T01:23:31+00:00

    I am using Windows 10 and the Edge browser. Using the on-screen keyboard does not work. You have to copy and paste for it to work. Accessed articles from the new tab news.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-24T01:19:50+00:00

    I am having the same issue, with the letter m.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments