This is a pretty normal thing on Microsoft Start and is the site, not people's computers or keyboards. You will notice that while it blocks the lower case m you can always add a capital M. It's the software preventing the lower case m. I have taken to just opening a new tab or notepad and typing what I want. Then copy and paste it. It will let you paste a lower case m, just not type one. This is something Microsoft will have to deal with, not something end users can fix. Just work around.
Microsoft Start - I can no longer type the letter 'M'
Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad
Just recently, when making comments in Microsoft Start, I can no longer type the letter 'M'. The letter works in email and everywhere else.
The only solution I have found, has to do with Nvidia Graphic card. I don't have that.
Any ideas what changed in the last week or so?
Thanks
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-03-09T16:42:12+00:00 Put a capital M in and spell check will give you the option to correct it to a low case m. That's what I do now.
-
Anonymous
2024-03-12T00:33:16+00:00 Getting the same thing here. Just stop the nonsense MS. or is it something to do with Russian hack?
-
Anonymous
2024-03-09T20:39:58+00:00 Yes, only the black background.
-
Anonymous
2024-02-28T08:30:06+00:00 Hi fritzmom,
Welcome to Microsoft Community.
I'm Hahn and I'm here to help you with your concern.
It's quite unusual for a specific key to stop working only in a particular application while functioning correctly elsewhere. This issue might be related to a software update or a configuration change that occurred recently. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- You can try using the on-screen keyboard to confirm if the problem is with the hardware keyboard. The on-screen keyboard is a virtual keyboard that you can enable by following these steps: Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type - Microsoft Support
- Browser Compatibility:
- If you are using Microsoft Start within a web browser, try using a different browser to see if the issue persists. It might be a browser-specific problem.
- Clear Browser Cache:
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies to ensure that the issue is not related to cached data causing conflicts.
Disclaimer: Your browser automatically saves temporary internet files to help pages load faster. Clearing this cache will sometimes fix website issues. Please back up all your personal files first, such as Favorites, to ensure you do not lose data.
- I recommend trying a clean boot which starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. It can be used to determine whether a background service or program is interfering or causing a problem. How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support
These steps of "clean boot" might look complicated at first glance. However, to avoid any trouble for you, please follow them in order and step-by-step.
I hope this helps. If there is anything not clear, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Your Sincerely
Hahn - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist