Still on error. Nobody resolve that big problem.
Based on the log you shared:
- Open services.msc. Double-click "App Readiness" and set it to Manual.
See if you can install the update.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This update has a serious problem. I was checking and it doesn't install along with the others. The Framework update came out and I had to install it alone. That installed without problems. But the update
2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based System (KB5036893)
Install from the updates panel. but when it asks to restart, while Windows is loading, I get the message that it has to reverse the update because it has an error.
I downloaded the file directly from Microsoft to check if it was my computer. But it gave me the same error notice.
My question is: What happened to the update that is giving an error after installing it from the panel, and why do I get the same error with the downloaded file?
Here are the photos I took.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Still on error. Nobody resolve that big problem.
Based on the log you shared:
See if you can install the update.
Having the same issue on my comp as well. Tried pausing and restarting the update. Cancelling and restarting. This update is clearly bugged if several users are dealing with the same issue. Mine is stuck at 3% so at this point I just ignore it, I've logged in about 2 or 3 times since the release and it just stays stuck in the windows update section of settings. If for some reason it decides to finish downloading...whatever lol. At least report it under "Give Feedback" at the bottom of Windows Update section.
I didn't get it. What do you mean by "figure out my computer"?
No. Not "CBSTemp" or "log" folders.
Open "c:\windows\logs\cbs" in File Explorer.
Copy all logs to desktop.
Zip them and share on OneDrive.