why a problem with 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based System (KB5036893) "ERROR TO INSTALL"

Anonymous
2024-04-10T02:56:57+00:00

This update has a serious problem. I was checking and it doesn't install along with the others. The Framework update came out and I had to install it alone. That installed without problems. But the update

2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based System (KB5036893)

Install from the updates panel. but when it asks to restart, while Windows is loading, I get the message that it has to reverse the update because it has an error.

I downloaded the file directly from Microsoft to check if it was my computer. But it gave me the same error notice.

My question is: What happened to the update that is giving an error after installing it from the panel, and why do I get the same error with the downloaded file?

Here are the photos I took.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-21T21:53:11+00:00

    I have the same error. I got a new laptop yesterday, and this is the only update that hasn't been able to finish. It's literally a brand new computer, less than 24 hours old.

    2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893)

    Install error - 0xc007000d

    Attempt #937904290 after many restarts

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T07:58:42+00:00

    Error 0x80070017 is

    ERROR_CRC

    Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

    Please try the offline installer:

    2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893) windows11.0-kb5036893-x64_f8c0bdc5888eb65b1d68b220b0b87535735f1795.msu

    If that doesn't help, repair Windows 11 using an in-place upgrade. See How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-in-place-upgrade-in-windows-11/4d469147-2747-4dcb-88a4-aae9273a4500

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T07:53:51+00:00

    2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893)

    with Error code 0x80070017

    and one more thing I have lost access to my files, "file explorer isn't working, not responding"

    I have been thinking maybe its because of this update not being successful, sfc and dism commands not successful, some files not found! corrupt files!!!

    HP Pavillion i5 9th generation GTX!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T22:50:44+00:00

    Having the same problem. Tried many of the fixes I found online but none worked.

    2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893)

    Install error - 0x800f0991

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T09:35:28+00:00

    I have the same problem, I tried with Microsoft update catalog and it's didn't help jt's stuck 15 minute to copy to cache and the failed to update...
    please fix it to spare the need to reset the windows!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments