Cannot remove disconnected devices from Phone Link App on Android

Anonymous
2024-05-28T23:11:04+00:00

Hi, I have a question: I have an Android and in the Phone Link app I have old computers that are no longer connected, and even some computers with the same name, also offline. But I cannot remove them, it says they're disconnected but there's no longer a remove option.

Does anybody have the same issue?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-30T04:03:05+00:00

    Hi I have the same problem, I think it was because I reinstalled Windows without unlink the device, so my old connection is still registered in my Microsoft account. But I do not see it under my device in my Microsoft account (it only shows Windows device).

    So when I relink my phone, it link as a new connection, and the old link is shown disconnected. I tried reset both phone and windows app, But as soon as connect the duplicate will show again.

    I believe the issue is somewhere in Microsoft account still has the record of the old connection

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-21T19:21:39+00:00

    Same here, I now have an extense collection of duplicated devices on my Phone Link Android app, there's no way to remove them, it makes the app looks ugly with lots of old connections and duplicated names, etc. Hope devs can fix this issue and add a remove option for past connections in the Android app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T11:51:59+00:00

    Love how I decided to actually give one of these microsoft apps a chance and instantly an annoying bug with no solution that I could easily waste hours researching trying to fix. It's the essential microsoft apps experience. stupid annoying little issues that you can easily flush hours of your life down the drain trying to fix. looks like it's time to throw phone link back into the garbage next to onedrive and go find the inevitable open source alternative that works way better and has more features without any invasive privacy issues like microsoft. smh

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T09:16:31+00:00

    Thanks for the quick answer, but the problem is with the app on my phone, not the desktop one. When I tap on the disconnected devices there's no remove option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T03:36:34+00:00

    Fortunately, I solved this problem today, but I don't understand why Microsoft hides the delete button in OEM UI.

    Solution: Use any Android application Activity status management Tool that can view Windows Phone Link, search for activity title in the picture, and then delete the ones you want to delete, then Enjoy~ : )

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments