Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?

Anonymous
2024-07-17T00:07:24+00:00

So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T14:58:20+00:00

    I'll have to give this a try next time, because I do enjoy talking to my xbox friends via voice chat, so knowing that I can use the XBox app instead of the Game Bar may work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T01:25:17+00:00

    Hello! I have had this issue forever and have my own (annoying) solution!

    First off, if you intend to never use game bar, disable game bar entirely by removing it from your background processes.

    Now, go whenever you face this issue, go to Device Manager > Monitors > Uninstall device

    Do this for all your monitors, then restart your PC.

    This is what ive been using :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T00:08:32+00:00

    Solution:

    If you download a dvd boot of a version in which it worked for you, it will solve the issue. You will need to disable Windows update until they release a patch though.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11arm64 (Edit: paste this link into the browser, clicking it seems to not work)https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11arm64I
    I don't exactly remember if you can select a specific version to boot from, so this might be unhelpful. Keep in mind that downloading and downgrading your version of windows will not remove your data if you select the option properly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T08:39:55+00:00

    It's odd because this all started for me after a Phasmophobia update that released when the console versions became available. But after testing, it seems like it's most likely game bar that's causing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T08:30:38+00:00

    This problem is ridiculous. And it figures that game bar is the likely culprit. It wasn't enough that it doesn't work well, no it has to sabotage our experience with completely unrelated things. I've confirmed on my end that it's game bar. I restarted my PC, started up Halo: Infinite and everything was working fine. I open game bar, start a party, and boom.. cursor starts travelling to my second monitor. What a ridiculous problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments