Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?

Anonymous
2024-07-17T00:07:24+00:00

So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-06T14:20:46+00:00

    Cont.

    I ended up repairing all Microsoft Vision C++ applications from 2015-22 and the apps below this on my application list. Attach a picture below and this seems to have sorted my issue with gamebar running and mouse running on to my second display when it should be locked in an fps game. Hope this works for you.

    I repaired each of these in turn and after each repair my pc needed to restart. After all were done I no longer had the issue and tested it with gamebar running.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T23:46:47+00:00

    I have both razor huntsman v3 mini keybaord along with the razor app and a Logitech superlight along with the logitech G-hub app

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-03T13:22:24+00:00

    the only issue with uninstalling is when playing games that require and Xbox login that require some components to log you in properly and receive in game invites, i had this issue the other day after i got fed up and blipped game bar but still wanted to play master chief collection with friends and it wouldnt let me join them nor receive any in game invites.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-02T22:51:46+00:00

    I am using Logitech mouse with GHub and experiencing the same exact issue with Game Bar being root cause. This is not a Razor issue.

    Agreed. The only fix for the time being is uninstalling the Xbox app until this is fixed, or just not using game bar if you want xbox installed. Just wait for a patch/fix soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-29T15:47:11+00:00

    Hi,

    May I ask if you use Razer Synapse tool for your mouse or keyboard? Do you have the app installed?

    Yes I use razor synapse and I'm having the same problems the original poster had. Is there something you need me to do with it to solve this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments