Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?

Anonymous
2024-07-17T00:07:24+00:00

So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-26T21:16:25+00:00

    same issue i have been having open game bar close game bar and the cursor goes to different monitor only way iv fixed it was reinstall windows 11 but had an update today and it has come back microsoft support won’t do anything about it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-26T13:37:50+00:00

    Anyone find fix for this ? i tried installing older version of Xbox nothing changed still same issue !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-25T00:52:11+00:00

    Really need a fix for this asap.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-19T15:33:29+00:00

    That’s what I’m trying to figure out this happened outta the blue and never had a issue until now. I just get the cursor lock off glitch when I try to play with my friends on Xbox or try to talk to them!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-18T18:37:13+00:00

    When can we expect an update to this? Gamebar is in an unusable state currently. Mouse cursor lock being broken makes all games unplayable while using gamebar.

    Anyone official care to comment on this issue?

    Loads and loads of people are reporting the same issue here and on reddit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments