HP Scanner's broke with 24H2 updates

Anonymous
2024-10-29T14:35:06+00:00

After the 24H2 updates the HP Scanner 2000s2 and the N4000 series scanners will not work. It all happened when the host USB drivers updated. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you have a fix. All scanners in our school district were working great until the 24H2 was pushed out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T21:22:25+00:00

    Hi. I posted this awhile back if you read the thread but I've installed Naps2 shareware scanner software and it has worked flawlessly for about 6 weeks now. Of course, you shouldn't have to go that route, HPs software should work but this has allowed me to keep working until either HP or Microsoft resolves the issue properly. I actually like it better than when the HP software was working before the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T20:09:03+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for the information. I installed both patches and my Scanjet Pro 2000 S2 is still not working.

    This is getting beyond a joke now. I only brought it in Dec 2024 and still have not been able to use it.

    I'm disappointed with Microsoft and HP (for not pushing Microsoft to do more to resolve it). I think I will be asking for a refund.

    Kind regards,

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T19:22:51+00:00

    I already had KB5052093 installed but not KB5050577. I installed it and rebooted my computer. Then I installed the drivers for my HP ScanjetPro 3000 s3.

    So far it is working in every program I have that can scan.

    I will test on some more workstations to see if this fixes them all.

    Thank you for your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T22:10:48+00:00

    This doesn't work! The drivers do not appear in devices to click on!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-18T20:31:10+00:00

    Has there been any word from Microsoft about a fix for this? HP doesn't seem interested in helping and so far the only "solutions" offered are temporary workarounds.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments