HP Scanner's broke with 24H2 updates

Anonymous
2024-10-29T14:35:06+00:00

After the 24H2 updates the HP Scanner 2000s2 and the N4000 series scanners will not work. It all happened when the host USB drivers updated. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you have a fix. All scanners in our school district were working great until the 24H2 was pushed out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-11T19:35:34+00:00

    My MS Surface crashed after 15 years, so I purchased a new MS Surface in late December. My old but working HP advanced scanner would not work because it had the dated USB 2 port. After countless hours speaking with the tech experts at HO, they add me to purchase a new HP scanner. Even the experts at HP couldn’t get the new HP scanner with the new USB 3 connection. One would think that MS and HP would be correcting the compatibility issue, but that was not and is not the case. Glad I returned my new HP scanner back in January. I’m now without a scanner but contemplating an Epson.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-11T19:08:07+00:00

    The only work around I found was to buy a refurbed pc with Windows 10 and not let it update. I only turn on WiFi while I'm scanning.

    We should all get together and file a class action lawsuit against them. They charge us an arm and a leg. I expect to be able to use my apps and devices! I've lost money because I couldn't scan my invoices in and adjust pricing as I should. Good luck!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments