File System Filter EasyAntiCheat_EOSSys` does not support Bypass IO [CRASHING]

Anonymous
2024-12-15T04:10:44+00:00

Hello,

For about a month now, I would have trouble with a game (Fortnite) crashing a steady amount due to the anti cheat Epic Games uses, EasyAntiCheat. When I look in event viewer after a crash, it presents this:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager

Date: 12/14/2024 10:05:04 PM

Event ID: 11

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-NLJH1M8

Description:

File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheat_EOSSys' (Version 6.1, ‎2024‎-‎11‎-‎27T06:19:31.000000000Z) does not support bypass IO.

Supported features: 0x4.

Event Xml:

11

0

3

0

0

0x8000000000000000

66328

System

DESKTOP-NLJH1M8

EasyAntiCheat\_EOSSys

6

1

2024-11-27T06:19:31.0000000Z

0x4

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I tried reinstalling the game which didn't work, along with internet research which didn't present many results and no working solutions. I disabled my AV to see if that was the cause as well, but no difference.

At this point I am at my wits' end.

Any solutions or ideas?

All will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

PM

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T11:22:12+00:00

    Hi, i got dell g15 5530 i5-13450hx Rtx 3050 6gb

    Have the similar/same issue.

    Everything started i believe since last update of fortnite/easyanticheat.

    Instead of crashing randomly, in my case it crashing in same pattern every time. When i play more than 20mi and i want to open another program while still playing, my internet drops to 0 and no application can work properly, not booting not showing in task manager(including pinned apps in starting menu when you press Win), task manager also not working at all, just frozen at last time of using the task manager. But i still can move mouse normally for like 2 minutes and then if if i’m trying to reboot laptop stucking on rebooting screen. So anything i can do is hard shut down.

    Only happens on fortnite, rust, forest, raft, cs 2, the binding of isaac are all good.

    Tried updating everything, not working.

    Image screen restore heal(in cmd i don’t remember full command) also not working

    I will update if i’ll fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T16:57:22+00:00

    Try to turn off memory integrity and try to play.

    If this doesn't solve it, press windows button + R and search "winver". If you have 24H2, I had issues with this build as well, but with Fortnite. Does Rust use EasyAntiCheat?

    If it does, consider rolling back to windows 23H2. This worked for me. You'll find guides on YT.

    Also, I don't work for windows/I am not a recommended user here, I just had a similar issue and found this thread when searching for solutions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T16:43:19+00:00

    I have the same exact issue on rust. Did u find any solutions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T14:43:57+00:00

    Thankyou I turned off, core isolation and it seems to have sorted the issue for me, was happening 1/10 games.
    Have played 50 without it happening since I turned off, much thanks, was starting to worry it was new parts time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-19T19:26:39+00:00

    Look at my comment above this one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments