File System Filter EasyAntiCheat_EOSSys` does not support Bypass IO [CRASHING]

Anonymous
2024-12-15T04:10:44+00:00

Hello,

For about a month now, I would have trouble with a game (Fortnite) crashing a steady amount due to the anti cheat Epic Games uses, EasyAntiCheat. When I look in event viewer after a crash, it presents this:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager

Date: 12/14/2024 10:05:04 PM

Event ID: 11

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-NLJH1M8

Description:

File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheat_EOSSys' (Version 6.1, ‎2024‎-‎11‎-‎27T06:19:31.000000000Z) does not support bypass IO.

Supported features: 0x4.

Event Xml:

11

0

3

0

0

0x8000000000000000

66328

System

DESKTOP-NLJH1M8

EasyAntiCheat\_EOSSys

6

1

2024-11-27T06:19:31.0000000Z

0x4

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I tried reinstalling the game which didn't work, along with internet research which didn't present many results and no working solutions. I disabled my AV to see if that was the cause as well, but no difference.

At this point I am at my wits' end.

Any solutions or ideas?

All will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

PM

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-19T18:50:33+00:00

    I've been having this problem for about a month. Event viewer also throws up some other warnings. and I'm not sure if they're related. This happens with both Epic games I play. It got so bad my computer was crashing even when only the epic launcher was just running. I had to completely uninstall and reinstall epic. That didn't resolve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-19T18:48:47+00:00

    What is the solution that you found, I'm currently unable to play Rust for more than 5min and would like to get this solved asap, it started doing this out of nowhere a few days ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T17:35:08+00:00

    Did you solve it? and if you could say how, i will apreciate it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T17:09:32+00:00

    Not one that would make it support the function. But for some reason flushing the cache folder for the epic launcher works for now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments