File System Filter EasyAntiCheat_EOSSys` does not support Bypass IO [CRASHING]

Anonymous
2024-12-15T04:10:44+00:00

Hello,

For about a month now, I would have trouble with a game (Fortnite) crashing a steady amount due to the anti cheat Epic Games uses, EasyAntiCheat. When I look in event viewer after a crash, it presents this:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager

Date: 12/14/2024 10:05:04 PM

Event ID: 11

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-NLJH1M8

Description:

File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheat_EOSSys' (Version 6.1, ‎2024‎-‎11‎-‎27T06:19:31.000000000Z) does not support bypass IO.

Supported features: 0x4.

Event Xml:

11

0

3

0

0

0x8000000000000000

66328

System

DESKTOP-NLJH1M8

EasyAntiCheat\_EOSSys

6

1

2024-11-27T06:19:31.0000000Z

0x4

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I tried reinstalling the game which didn't work, along with internet research which didn't present many results and no working solutions. I disabled my AV to see if that was the cause as well, but no difference.

At this point I am at my wits' end.

Any solutions or ideas?

All will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

PM

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T07:26:28+00:00

    Not sure if thats related or not, but this is a one week old Win 10 installation on what was a working PC. I did fully update everything, including the UEFI/BIOS and its been stable all week until basically last night.

    **note: I just noticed Discord is restarting a few times too.... odd.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T07:22:34+00:00

    I'm also noticing a lot of errors in the logs for Windows Defender (Updated Windows Defender status successfully to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON.) and before that theres several entries including the original actual "Error":

    Faulting application name: MsMpEng.exe, version: 4.18.24090.11, time stamp: 0xcc823329

    Faulting module name: mpengine.dll, version: 1.1.24090.11, time stamp: 0xed36483a

    Exception code: 0xc0000005

    Fault offset: 0x00000000000a4b16

    Faulting process id: 0x129c

    Faulting application start time: 0x01db7996715a4130

    Faulting application path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\platform\4.18.24090.11-0\MsMpEng.exe

    Faulting module path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates{F85FCFD9-8B04-4017-93DE-50A2119C3D3D}\mpengine.dll

    Report Id: 58db9350-f24f-4231-987a-55674102b9a7

    Faulting package full name:

    Faulting package-relative application ID:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T07:15:26+00:00

    Same issue here and no, that didnt fix mine. I didn't have a 3rd party AV running in the first place. (Edit: I did add the Easy-AntiCheat exe files to the firewall as exceptions per another thread I was reading and the game manufacturers help FAQ and that did not help either.)

    New OS on mostly older hardware that ran my game fine literally last week. Worked fine this week. Suddenly not so fine last night and only just had time to start to troubleshoot today. Its very irregular, but always that same error. The PC thinks the game closed correctly (no App error really in EV).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T04:12:41+00:00

    I believe I have found a solution. If you are using a 3rd party antivirus system like TotalAV, it might be blocking epic launcher. just check i think it is working for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T02:14:34+00:00

    was already off for me so this definitely wasnt the culprit in my case. I have the exact same issues of easy anticheat errors and game crashing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments