Possible broken drive keeps crashing my pc, how do I fix this? Is it corrupted or physically broken?

Anonymous
2025-01-15T19:39:38+00:00

Hi, my pc has been giving me BSOD like 10 times a day for the past 10 or more days because of corrupted files or ram issues (I'm not sure), I tried checking for the drive integrity and this came out:

"Error Checking (Windows (C:)

Repair this drive

Windows found errors on this drive that need to be repaired. Close this dialog box, and then repair the drive."

So out of curiosity I tried doing the same to my other drive and came out with the same issue. How do I fix this? Do I need to reset my PC? Do I have to buy a new drive? Or do I need to perform a fresh install of windows 11?

Bsod errors I've been getting:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

And other I can't remember now

They usually happen when I start my PC, and I'll get 5 or 10 of them one after the other before my PC starts working "properly"

After I manage I get through the bsod errors my PC seems to run just fine for some time before giving me more errors (usually 3-4 hours)

I can provide dump files if explained how to do so

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-20T13:18:53+00:00

Glad to help.

Best regards.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T17:49:33+00:00

    Well, that didn't take long

    what am I supposed to do now? Just retry?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T17:47:42+00:00

    Thank you so much David, I'm installing Windows 11 right now and I will update you on the outcome

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-17T17:37:08+00:00

    Delete the partition "Disk 1 Partition 1".

    This should merge the two "Disk 1 Unallocated Space". This way you will have only one Disk 1 Unallocated Space to choose from and install the system on.

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T17:24:12+00:00

    Hi David, after deleting the first 3 disk 1 partition I noticed that there are 2 disk 1 unallocated space now, which ones of the remaining disk 1 should I delete?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments