startup repair couldn't repair your PC

Anonymous
2025-04-21T15:46:32+00:00

I rebooted the computer and got the auto repair attempt then went into advanced and tried the start up repair. no success.

put in the clone that I had made and just for a little insurance, cloned the clone onto a brand new ssd. used the clone fine all day. booting up the computer gave me the same issue on the 2nd hard drive. put the 3rd clone in and within 24 hours I have 3 separate hard drives that will not boot, all with the same error.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-24T17:35:00+00:00

    Honestly, I think you have tried all the methods available, I do not see any other option now other than resetting Windows or clean installing Windows using a bootable USB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-24T17:32:57+00:00

    do I have to be disconnected from internet? I was the last time

    should I do a different boot, maybe minimal drivers?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-24T17:32:05+00:00

    I did these just now and everything says no issues

    sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    sfc /scannow
    
    chkdsk /scan
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-24T17:17:26+00:00

    That is the only available option to repair your Windows installation with the ISO, I suppose you have already run the usual two commands (sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth) in Command Prompt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-24T17:01:20+00:00

    Ok, I used the ISO, ran the exe from windows, chose to keep files and apps.

    It did its thing, said it would restart shortly and then said Windows 10 installation has failed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments