startup repair couldn't repair your PC

Anonymous
2025-04-21T15:46:32+00:00

I rebooted the computer and got the auto repair attempt then went into advanced and tried the start up repair. no success.

put in the clone that I had made and just for a little insurance, cloned the clone onto a brand new ssd. used the clone fine all day. booting up the computer gave me the same issue on the 2nd hard drive. put the 3rd clone in and within 24 hours I have 3 separate hard drives that will not boot, all with the same error.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-23T16:12:00+00:00

    If you are able to get into Windows, you can use the method I previously provided with the Windows 10 ISO to perform an in-place repair.

    Did you perform those steps?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T16:06:26+00:00

    Lets say I backup my data, just in case. Is there a repair install option. There is a lot of software on this I would have to reinstall and some of it I don't have the product keys for

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-23T14:13:37+00:00

    I think it would be best to backup all your data as soon as possible to ensure against data loss.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T14:11:45+00:00

    This is my main work computer and the life blood of my company. Should I backup everything data wise to another ssd?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-23T14:10:01+00:00

    I am glad you are now able to boot up your system, if your system continues to crash, honestly, I think it is time to consider backing up your files and re-install Windows from a bootable USB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments