startup repair couldn't repair your PC

Anonymous
2025-04-21T15:46:32+00:00

I rebooted the computer and got the auto repair attempt then went into advanced and tried the start up repair. no success.

put in the clone that I had made and just for a little insurance, cloned the clone onto a brand new ssd. used the clone fine all day. booting up the computer gave me the same issue on the 2nd hard drive. put the 3rd clone in and within 24 hours I have 3 separate hard drives that will not boot, all with the same error.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T14:05:33+00:00

    I was able to get the system restore to work using Lazesoft boot cd. Then it came up to that screen where i can hit F8 then option 7 to disable the signature check. The machine booted into windows. Yay.

    But..., what do I do now to find and fix the reboot issue?

    I'm afraid to reboot or let windows update do its thing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-23T13:45:04+00:00

    Please provide a screenshot of that drive in disk management.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T13:42:07+00:00

    Oddly this hard drive will not show when I connect with external ssd tray. I can see it in disk management but thats it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-23T13:25:09+00:00

    Okay, please do try that to rename that file back to its original name, but renaming that file should not stop Windows booting up, it is not a system file, your Windows system may be very corrupt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T13:22:33+00:00

    when I try to go to recovery environment option, I get boot configuration data doesn't contain valid info for an operating system

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments