startup repair couldn't repair your PC

Anonymous
2025-04-21T15:46:32+00:00

I rebooted the computer and got the auto repair attempt then went into advanced and tried the start up repair. no success.

put in the clone that I had made and just for a little insurance, cloned the clone onto a brand new ssd. used the clone fine all day. booting up the computer gave me the same issue on the 2nd hard drive. put the 3rd clone in and within 24 hours I have 3 separate hard drives that will not boot, all with the same error.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T13:21:24+00:00

    I was thinking about putting this hard drive in my main machine as a removable drive and try to rename that one file back

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T13:20:26+00:00

    Ok did that, startup repair could not fix

    restore said to reboot and choose an operating system, which I can never get to that

    now on boot I get a blue recovery screen that has the options for recovery environment, startup settings and uefi firmware

    I choose F8 and choose safe mode

    it just goes back to the bsod inaccessable boot device

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-23T12:59:25+00:00

    If you are unable to boot into Windows, try accessing the recovery environment using these steps.

    Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

    Do this twice

    On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.

    Please try each option one at a time, then see if Windows will boot up normally.

    Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair

    See if Windows startup can repair itself

    Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - System Restore

    Check to see if you have a restore point you can go back to

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T12:46:32+00:00

    error code 0xc0000001

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T12:45:38+00:00

    I renamed that file to old, now when I boot I get bsod inaccessible boot device

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments