I cannot update my system.it keeps saying failed no matter how many times i press retry

Anonymous
2025-04-22T16:56:27+00:00

I cannot update my system.it keeps saying update failed no matter how many times i press retry.My mousepad is also not working,and i am thinking that this might be due to the system update fail

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T15:31:33+00:00

    the problem still persist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-25T14:03:12+00:00

    No problem. Thanks.

    I found some clues that may mean that third-party software in the background is what caused the problem when trying the In-place Upgrade.

    Perform a clean boot and start the In-place Upgrade procedure again. Follow the instructions carefully.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...
    After the in-place update is complete, return to normal boot as instructed in "Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

    If the problem persists, let me know. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T13:45:52+00:00

    sorry about that

    setupact:setupact.zip

    setuperr:setuperr.zip

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-25T13:34:31+00:00

    Sorry. I couldn't access the files.

    There's something wrong with the link and sharing permissions.

    See the article below if you need instructions for sharing using OneDrive.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/shar...

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T13:28:39+00:00

    setupact:https://onedrive.live.com/?id=root&cid=5E3AAF6F88EE009E#:~:text=<iframe%20src%3D%22https%3A//1drv.ms/u/c/5E3AAF6F88EE009E/IQTktPe1DdX6RrITFlf_tc0mAW4djvAlWcwTM%2DvA8wzRes8%22%20width%3D%2298%22%20height%3D%22120%22%20frameborder%3D%220%22%20scrolling%3D%22no%22></iframe>

    setuperr:https://onedrive.live.com/?id=root&cid=5E3AAF6F88EE009E#:~:text=<iframe%20src%3D%22https%3A//1drv.ms/u/c/5E3AAF6F88EE009E/IQQDgmuv_XftTIX%2DiWL8i_WSAbPPvq2kPBeKY%2Da%2DY7ECypU%22%20width%3D%2298%22%20height%3D%22120%22%20frameborder%3D%220%22%20scrolling%3D%22no%22></iframe>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments