I cannot update my system.it keeps saying failed no matter how many times i press retry

Anonymous
2025-04-22T16:56:27+00:00

I cannot update my system.it keeps saying update failed no matter how many times i press retry.My mousepad is also not working,and i am thinking that this might be due to the system update fail

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-26T13:35:43+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    A mousepad is typically a surface used for positioning and moving a mouse. Could it be that you meant "touchpad"?

    If you did indeed mean mousepad, would you be able to share a photo to help clarify?

    Also, please share a screenshot of your system information.

    • Press "Windows + R", type msinfo32 and press Enter.

    Maximize the window and use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.

    Regarding the issue with installing the game, I recommend reaching out to the game developer to report the problem. Since they provided the installer, they are the best source of support for resolving this issue.

    Don't worry. I will continue to help you with the other issue here.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T06:37:16+00:00

    Thanks,i just finished updating my windows but 2 problems still remain:

    my mousepad still wont work

    when installing a game,it showed this page:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-25T19:22:42+00:00

    You can reuse the same ISO you previously downloaded, but if you'd prefer to download it again, that's perfectly fine.

    To delete the ISO, treat it like any other file: right-click on it and select "Delete". Keep in mind, if the ISO is still mounted, you won't be able to delete it right away. In that case, locate the mounted ISO in File Explorer, right-click on it, and choose "Eject" before attempting to delete it.

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T19:10:12+00:00

    Oh i see,i only performed the cleanboot followed by troubleshooting.I will perform the in place upgrade after cleanboot later.By the way,i want to clarify if the inplace upgrade would be affected by downloading 2 windows11iso.If yes,how do i delete the unneeded one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-25T16:46:11+00:00

    The image you shared is from the troubleshooter.

    Have you tried performing the In-place Upgrade using the Windows 11 ISO after doing the clean boot?

    Was the In-place Upgrade completed successfully this time?

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments