I cannot update my system.it keeps saying failed no matter how many times i press retry

Anonymous
2025-04-22T16:56:27+00:00

I cannot update my system.it keeps saying update failed no matter how many times i press retry.My mousepad is also not working,and i am thinking that this might be due to the system update fail

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-25T12:28:54+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    I'm glad you were able to log into Windows again.

    Please share the log files "Setupact.log" and "Setuperr.log" stored in the following directory.

    C:$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther

    (The "$Windows.~BT" folder is hidden by default. To access this directory, copy the path provided above, paste it into the address bar in File Explorer, and press Enter.)

    Copy the files or folder to your desktop or another easily accessible folder and store them in a ZIP file. Then, upload the ZIP file to the cloud (OneDrive) and choose it to get the link.

    Post the link to the ZIP file here so I can have a look.

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T07:31:32+00:00

    i just login successfully and saw this on my screen.windows still cannot be updated

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T02:16:42+00:00

    Oh are you talking about the window iso,i did instal more than 1 of this cause i installed the first onewith the language chosen incorrectly

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T02:11:43+00:00

    No,i am not aware of this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-24T16:50:06+00:00

    Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.

    It looks like you have more than one Windows installation on your computer. Are you aware of this?

    I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments