Devices under Microsoft account disappeared after Windows update

Anonymous
2025-05-30T23:14:25+00:00

After running the latest Windows update, my two laptops, xbox controllers stopped getting listed under Microsoft account/devices.I tried all the usual methods including a factory reset, but it still does not work. Under Microsoft Store device management, there is a blank entry and it does not let me unlink it.

It looks like that the link between device and Microsoft account is corrupted or there is a sync issue. I contacted Microsoft support but they are not sure why and asked me to wait 30 days to see if the device list will refresh automatically.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-27T03:05:57+00:00

    I think that is the issue. When you reset the computer, it gets a new name and there is a name conflict in the servers.

    For instance, my computer was named "Asus_G14" after the reset but it shows "Asus-ROG-G14" under Settings/Account/Linked devices. It is a previous name that I used.

    My computer gets listed randomly under devices when I refresh the web browser (or when I click on different tabs) then disappears again.

    What you say makes sense, but I have 3 devices in my house with different names. Even though I enter my Microsoft account on another new device, why doesn't the device appear in the devices section? As a result, each device has a different name.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T23:29:28+00:00

    I think that is the issue. When you reset the computer, it gets a new name and there is a name conflict in the servers.

    For instance, my computer was named "Asus_G14" after the reset but it shows "Asus-ROG-G14" under Settings/Account/Linked devices. It is a previous name that I used.

    My computer gets listed randomly under devices when I refresh the web browser (or when I click on different tabs) then disappears again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T20:55:54+00:00

    Damn... So youve pretty much tried everything. Did you create a post on the My Feedback app to see if there was any official response?

    Yes, I created a feedback via feedback and I check it almost every day but no one writes :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T20:54:27+00:00

    Damn... So youve pretty much tried everything. Did you create a post on the My Feedback app to see if there was any official response?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments